As it gets closer and closer to move in day, I’m beginning to stress about how to decorate my dorm room. Now, this may sound like a dumb thing to stress over, but to me, if the room is cute and cozy, it will feel more like home. I’m not trying to go overboard with the decorations and am trying to go for the minimalist feel, however it’s been hard finding things that I love. Below are some things I’ve found on amazon or Pinterest, that really want for my dorm. Some, I am going to attempt to DIY, but others I think I may splurge on.
Hopefully this gives you guys some ideas for dorm decorations, and if you have any more ideas, feel free to leave a comment below! Every one of these products has links so that if you’re interested, you can check it out!
- Hanging shelves : So these things I’ve actually already bought, because I SO wanted shelves in my dorm and these were the only way to make that happen. They’ve already come and I highly recommend them, they’re super nice quality and you can hang them on a command strip in your dorm so that you can have shelves.
2. Bedside pocket : This is an essential for me, since I will be lofting my bed when I get to school. It’s super convenient to put your phone, computer, books, water bottle, basically anything you might need during the night. It’s a sort of nightstand that won’t take up much room!
3. Hanging Boho tapestry: This is something I am still on the fence about, I don’t know if getting this will be too much for my walls. However, I have seen people use them before and they are too cute. These ones are only $18, which is actually the cheapest I’ve seen.
4. World map: Here are a few more options (option 2, option 3). I really want a map of the world for my wall. I am a traveler so this is a must for me. I linked a few different options of some scratch off, and dry erase ones as well incase you want to write on it! I think a map is such a good idea for decorating your dorm.
5. Succulents: I really believe that having some plants/life in your room makes it feel like home. Cacti are a must for me, and I will be putting some on my new shelves. They are so adorable and feel so homey.
Let me know how you decorated your dorm room below! I’m always looking for new ideas.